Volunteer with us!
There’s always something that needs to be done at the Summerland Museum and Archives and we greatly appreciate the help of willing volunteers. A work-safe environment is offered and Museum staff are fervent about maintaining a team atmosphere.
Choose what fits
Many of the tasks don’t require previous experience and we are happy to provide any necessary training. As a volunteer you can choose days and times convenient to your own schedule and determine which task(s) suit your skills and interests.
Jobs can be short-term, long-term or project specific and you can change positions or take on others if you’re so inclined.
These are some of the areas where volunteers are encouraged:
- Greeter: greet visitors, answer questions, handle gift shop sales
- Collections Assistant: cataloging and care of artifacts and archival materials
- Assisting with interior displays: design, set-up, research, construction, signage
- Assisting with exterior displays: design, set-up, site prep
- Administration Assistant: helping with brochures, records, etc.
- Assisting with the development of programs for schools, tours or special events