Volunteer with us!
There’s always something that needs to be done at the Summerland Museum and Archives and we greatly appreciate the help of willing volunteers. A work-safe environment is offered and Museum staff are fervent about maintaining a team atmosphere.
Choose what fits
Many of the tasks don’t require previous experience and we are happy to provide any necessary training. As a volunteer you can choose days and times convenient to your own schedule and determine which task(s) suit your skills and interests.
Jobs can be short-term, long-term or project specific and you can change positions or take on others if you’re so inclined.
These are some of the areas where volunteers are encouraged:
- Greeter: greet visitors, answer questions, handle gift shop sales
- Collections Assistant: cataloguing and care of artifacts and archival materials
- Assisting with interior displays: design, set-up, research, construction, signage
- Assisting with exterior displays: design, set-up, site prep
- Administration Assistant: helping with brochures, records, etc.
- Assisting with the development of programs for schools, tours or special events
If you would like to volunteer, please drop in and pick up an application form. We’d love to have you on our team!